The certificate is issued and issued in the case
- of loss or theft during his stay outside Ukraine of an identity document confirming the citizenship of Ukraine and / or giving the right to leave Ukraine and enter Ukraine;
- when the validity of the identity document confirming the citizenship of Ukraine and giving the right to leave Ukraine and enter Ukraine has expired;
- when it is established that the identity document confirms the citizenship of Ukraine and gives the right to leave Ukraine and enter Ukraine, is invalid for other reasons;
- when a citizen of Ukraine has not drawn up identity documents, confirm the citizenship of Ukraine and / or give the right to leave Ukraine and enter Ukraine.
Certificates may also be issued to stateless persons who have the right to permanent residence in Ukraine, foreigners and stateless persons recognized as refugees in Ukraine or persons in need of additional protection in case of loss or abduction while staying abroad issued in Ukraine identity documents giving the right to leave Ukraine and enter Ukraine, if the validity of such documents has expired or it is established that they are invalid for other reasons.
Necessary documents for registration of the certificate
The application is submitted in person – for a person who has reached 16 years of age
The application is submitted personally by one of the parents (adoptive parents), guardians, trustees or other legal representatives (hereinafter – the legal representative) – for a person under 16 years of age
2. Police report
Police report confirming the fact of the applicant’s complaint about the loss or theft of the passport – in case of loss or theft of the passport
3. Passport (foreign), or, in the absence of a passport, an identity document confirming the citizenship of Ukraine and / or giving the right to leave Ukraine and enter Ukraine (if any);
4. Certificate of acquisition of citizenship of Ukraine (If especially born in the United States)
5. Birth certificate
For a person under 16 years of age. Birth certificate issued in the USA (or in another foreign country) is submitted with a certified stamp “Apostille” and with a notarized translation into Ukrainian.
6. Document of the legal representative
A document certifying the identity of the legal representative and a document confirming the authority of the person as the legal representative (in the case of submission of documents by the legal representative).
7. 2 color photos measuring 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters
8. Payment of consular fee
$ 30 – for a certificate for persons over 16 years
For persons under 16 years of age, the certificate is issued free of charge.
The consular fee is paid in the form of “Money Order“. Cash, credit cards, checks, bank transfers are not accepted!
Procedure for registration and obtaining a certificate
Documents are submitted in person, without prior registration, at any time according to the schedule of visitors. Registration and issuance of a certificate is carried out during the same reception day.
- The issued certificate is issued personally to the applicant.
- A certificate issued to a person under the age of sixteen may be issued to a person authorized by his / her legal representative on the basis of a power of attorney duly certified.
- The submitted passport is subject to revocation
Validity of the certificate
The certificate is valid for 30 days. The validity of the certificate begins on the day of its issuance.