On February 28, 2022, the Government of Ukraine introduced a special procedure for entering information about a child in the passport of the father / mother. Please note that applying for the continuation of foreign entry of information about the child in the passport of the father / mother does not preclude the possibility of submitting documents for a biometric passport.
The procedure for entering information about the child in the passport of the father / mother
Step 1: Have the necessary documents according to the list
Step 2: Arrive in person at one of the parents (legal representatives) at the Consulate General of Ukraine in San Francisco and submit documents. Acceptance of documents is carried out without prior registration in the order of the live queue. Such actions are performed free of charge on the day of application.
- Entering information about the child in the passport of the father / mother is free of charge on the day of application.
1. Completed application
2. The applicant’s passport
3. Birth certificate or extract from the State Register of Civil Status Acts on state registration of birth
- WARNING! If the birth certificate is issued by a foreign body, it is submitted apostille, as well as with a notarized translation of the certificate and apostille into Ukrainian.
4. Certificate of acquisition of Ukrainian citizenship – if the person was born abroad (in the US, etc.)
5. Two photographs measuring 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
6. A document certifying the authority of the person as a legal representative (if the documents are not submitted by parents).